lørdag 29. august 2009

Willi, at last!

What a trip! Ho-lee-shit! Didn't sleep the night before my flight left, got done packing just in time to leave for the airport. Duty free and all that jazz.

In Copenhagen, I got a few hours of sleep before I had breakfast #2 and then boarded to Washington D.C. In D.C., I was scheduled to have 2 hours and 20 minutes to connect to Boston. I never made my flight. Almost two hours in immigration line, followed by another hour and thirty in secondary and then half an hour to repack my duty free and go through security again meant they rebooked me for the 10pm flight to Boston.

With no out of Beantown that night, I had to stay at the Hilton, which was so far the high-light of my joruney: big room, 2 queen size beds, view of Boston, and large breakfast with my own pot of coffee in the morning. There was even a bathtub.

I'm now sitting in the living room of my apartment, which is right off campus. I do not have any furniture yet, and I think someone spilled beer on my floor last night. It looks like a dump and the floor is slanted, and I had to tape shut about 10 holes in my closet to prevent spiders from coming in. But it's home, and I'm here.

Ingen kommentarer: