torsdag 26. november 2009

Finally!

Okay, so I know it's long overdue, but here you go: memories from Gillette Stadium where I witnessed the New England Patriots take on the Dolphins of Miami!

Woke up at 6am Sunday morning, ready to roll with Matt, Jeff, Tom and my cousin. Stopped for breakfast at Denny's where we met up with two of Tom's friends. Haven't been on the road for even 30 minutes, and our party is already up to 6. Good start.

Arrive at lot P 11, park and locate the whereabouts of Shep and Tony. Shep actually lives in Willi. Tony, whom we have never met before, is the tailgating master. His words were "bring your own drinks, your own chair, and $15 for the food, we're all set!" Done and done. I crack a Sam, we set up the tables for some chips and a light poker game, followed by the biggest steak I have ever seen consumed at a private establishment. Several cows had to die to feed us that day, I am sure.

And not just the meat! For sides, we had fried onions and mushrooms, baked potato with cheese and sour cream and steak sauce. It was unbelievable!

At noon I wander off to the Pro-Shop to get my hands on one of the famed Belichick-hoodies. Those garments are so big, I had to settle for a size Small.

We had great seats on the 200-level, right on the end zone on Miami's sideline. Game was competetive and entertaining, got to see some nice plays on our side and in our end zone. Needless to repeat, the Patriots won after regulation expired. Back to the tailgate!

We come back to our area, Tony's got the TV and the chips ready. We crank up the New Orleans-Carolina game and continue our card game. Tony, on the other hand, he's back to the grill for some cheeseburgers and hot dogs. Amazingly awesome way to finish of the evening. We leave around 6-6.30 and get back to WeHa at about 9pm. Strawdinary day! Just the way days of pigskin should unfold.

Now, for my next trick, I will give you the Thanksgiving day picks:

Green Bay
@ Detroit
Pick: Green Bay -11.5

Oakland
@ Dallas
Pick: Oakland +13.5

New York
@ Denver
Pick: New York -7.0

Ingen kommentarer: