tirsdag 9. februar 2010

Timeline

Is it okay that me and my (hypothetical) girlfriend are not expecting a baby? I mean, with all the people I knew from my younger years getting kids, and getting more kids, and then maybe another kid, I feel almost left out, you know? I have nothing to talk about with these people!

Don't get me wrong, I think it's wonderful that people copulate and (hopefully) contribute to the prosperity and evolution of mankind. And if you are mid-to-late twenties, living together for a while, sure. But 20 years old? Not even out of college? I would never, ever be able to live like that.

I'm not trying to say that it is wrong to have an out-of-wedlock child when you're just done with your teenage years, but is it healthy to have that strong of a maternal instinct? You're still a child yourself, almost. I will not judge, but I feel that maybe some of your youth gets "stolen" away from you by this (awesome) third person in your relationship (let's face it, you're still young at 20-22).

The lesson, as always: contraceptives!

Edit: I don't mean to offend anyone, but this is my point of view. I'm happy for all the families out there, and I know you are all doing great. But I would not.

1 kommentar:

Einar sa...

Hey, buddy. Right with ya there, finish college before you get kids! Thats my plan at leats!