lørdag 15. november 2008

To each his own, something

I have noticed something over the 3 Patriot games I have attended this fall:

They cut out the first part of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck".

Why this need for censorship? My guess is, that they cut it short just to get to the "Thunderstruck" part in time for the kick off. But that is not the case with another song that caught my attention:

Kid Rock has this "Sweet home Alabama" cover out, called "All summer long", with a different text to it. The chorus, as in the original version:

And we were trying different things
We were smoking funny things
Making love out by the lake to our favorite song
Sipping whiskey out the bottle, not thinking bout tomorrow
Singing sweet home Alabama all summer long (x2)

At Gillette Stadium, they cut out the second line and basically play the first one twice in a row. Not allowing offensive signs, I can relate. But to censor out the chorus of a song, and the chorus doesn't contain a single curse word, that is beyond me. Smoking funny things? It happens! This is another sign of over sensitivity from Americans, and the "need to protect" the children. God damn conservatives in charge. Really, a curse word won't kill a kid. And if he/she is raised properly, they will know that you don't have to use them. Violence is very okay around here, and alot of gory stuff gets rated PG-13 but as soon as someone drops two "fuck you's" in one movie, it gets an R rating. I am not condoning swearing, but I think it is stupid to edit pieces of art because of their language. Art depicts reality, and the reality is, people do smoke funny things, people do swear.

Now, for the Chicago @ Green Bay debacle, I think I want to go with Chicago, because I think it is going to be a close game. The Pack must win this one if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive.
Pick: Chicago +3.5

Ingen kommentarer: