torsdag 29. oktober 2009

Supreme Court

After spending several hours on this topic this semester, I can't help but feel it is an overrated part of the legislature. The youngest Justice was born in 1955, which makes him a dinosaur (sorry, mom, dad, I know when you were born and I really don't think you're dinosaurs. It' just that John G. Roberts is a conservative on top of his age).

You basically have nine men and women deciding on the outcome of cases based on their interpretation of a document over 200 years old, written in a time of revolution and which include the famous second amendment: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. That is the entire law!

He/she who can write me the best interpretation of the second amendment and post it/mail it to me by Monday will win the awesome prize of a very bad keg flick. On dvd.

Ingen kommentarer: