onsdag 24. desember 2008

Random travel notes

It's amazing how time flies by when you're reading Jeremy Clarkson.

The 777 I flew from Boston had video monitors in the back of every seat, showing films, TV shows and, flight information such as altitude, temperature, ground speed and so on. I spent an unhealthy portion of my flight looking at the flight info screen, especially when coming in to land at Heathrow.

Nice by BA, giving us the choice of either a Chardonnay or a Bordeaux with the chicken.

Terminal 5 is huuuuuuge!

And very dangerous for a whiskey aficionado like myself - World of Whiskies, part of their duty free area has a nice selection of rare and legendary whiskey, most of them priced from around £150 and up.

The Airbus from London to Oslo was surprisingly smooth when landing. Color me impressed.

Of course, the security check-point at Gardermoen was the slowest one, and the one where I got pulled over and sent something through one extra time.

Nice meeting you again Simon, Happy Holidays!

My Norwegian was really, really bad for a couple days after coming home.

And screw you SAS, for mounting the seats so close together that my knees constantly keep rubbing up against the back of the seat in front of me. Curses!

A bit late, but, hopefully, enjoyable reading. Couple more 'Floyd songs, and I'm off to bed.

Ingen kommentarer: