onsdag 2. juni 2010

Time for things to end

Some of you may have seen the TV-show Lost. Almost six years ago, this strange-looking show with beaches and ocean and smoke and polar bears premiered on ABC. Just over a week ago, the final episode aired.

The show itself is one of the biggest network dramas ever. Almost 120 episodes, a huge cast and massive production costs: the pilot alone cost between $10-$14 million, the average pilot is around $4 million.

Many questions arose early, and few answers were provided. Communities and messageboards popped up for fans to debate, discuss and try to find answers. The show grew out of itself, people became obsessed and looked for clues and mysteries. Numbers became a big thing. New characters were introduced, others left. Michelle Rodriguez got fired.

It is a very complex and big show, and now it's over. Questions are still unanswered. Some people got closure, some people didn't. Like the Sopranos ending (the famous cut-to-black), the choice by the producers here is cause for debate. Since I just finished watching tonight, I'm still on the fence, leaning towards liking the end.

A few issues I do have: Sayid did not get a fair ending on the island. He became MIB's henchman and then all of a sudden turned after talking to Desmond. Coincidentally, they are two of my four favorite characters, next to Ben and Sawyer. I think Ben and Desmond share the top spot.

I also would have liked to know more about the Dharma Initiative, and how they knew what to do on the island, in example, what experiments to do. I also didn't like for Jacob to die, but I guess that was a necessity for facilitate a battle between our hero and the evil in the face of John Locke.

I do believe I got the closure I needed.

Ingen kommentarer: