fredag 10. oktober 2008

Machines and machetes

Had my first mid-term on Thursday, it went pretty well, despite a topic that smelled like donkey shit. More of these coming up the next two weeks, and as we all know, mid-terms are a great American tradition, along with Thanksgiving, and O.J. Simpson trials.

Got a pretty decent team going for the flag football tournament starting next week. Our captain named us "Skadoosh", I don't know what it means, but it has a nice ring to it. We'll probably get uniforms within a week or so, to complete the look.

I feel like I am the only one from Norway feeling the impact of the economic collapse, simply because the Norwegian market decided to go die BEFORE I got my loan. Thanks a lot, SELF! Seriously, would it kill you guys to maybe adjust the amount paid out, to deal with stuff like inflation or foreign currency for us studying abroad? And all the paperwork! It's like filling out a complete medical self-exam, with all the extra checks that you get once a decade. They have really managed to piss me off this time, I can't believe how incompetent they are. No communication skills, no global economic skills, and apparently, no clue on deadlines!

Done with the rant, at least for now. I'm looking to maybe do something special for you guys this month, maybe a guest writer, a live-blog event or something. We'll see what I can come up with, in terms of time and availability. For now, this is Eddie at WZC 92.1 saying good bye. Here's Mark Knopfler, Sucker Row...

Ingen kommentarer: