torsdag 23. oktober 2008

Week 8 picks

We have a great batch of games coming up this weekend, highlighted by the Saints-Chargers debacle in London, England. Last week included its fair share of fun too, I of course loved that the Pats were able to overcome 6 sacks to put a stomping on the Broncos. I managed to get a ticket for the game this weekend, so there will be no writing until late on Sunday. On to the action, and as always, no pick on the Pats game.

Tampa Bay
@ Dallas
Nice loss by the Cowboys last week. Jerry Jones should stick to business, and let them Boys play! That being said, good choice to trade for Roy Williams, since Roy Williams went out with a season ending injury. That leaves only one Roy Williams on the roster, wich probably makes it a lot easier for Jessica Simpson to keep track of whom Tony Romo should be throwing to. Should we take Tampa Bay here? Yes we should.
Pick: Tampa Bay +2.5

San Diego
vs. New Orleans @ Wembley
This is a home game for New Orleans, which makes sense, right? Both teams lost kinda hard last week. We hate the Chargers and their pass defence sucks. Trap game warning.
Pick: New Orleans +3.0

Buffalo
@ Miami
The Dolphins looked awful against Baltimore. The Bills looked good against the aforementioned Chargers. And giving only 2 points on the road in the East? Easy money.
Pick: Buffalo -2.0

Oakland
@ Baltimore
Really? Only 7 points for the anemic offense of the Al Davises?
Pick: Baltimore -7.0

Kansas City
@ New York
And the Bretts are getting thirteen on them Chiefs. Can they cover? I want to say yes, but I remember the lackluster performance against Oakland last week. Plus their starting receiver is out. Don't you just love it when I'm way off my predictions? Like me saying the Jets were gonna cover easily last week. If I pick the Chiefs, and the Jets run all over them, I'm an ass. If I pick the Jets, and the Chiefs cover, I'm an idiot for riding Bretts bandtractor. It's gonna be mad fun though, watching Tyler and Brett wing it....yeah.
Pick: Kansas City +13.0

Atlanta
@ Philadelphia
Go Matt go! Philly has struggled of late, and Atlanta, well, I don't know bout them either. But they are looking better than what anyone could have thought. Let's give them a chance against Philly.
Pick: Atlanta +9.0

Arizona
@ Carolina
I really like Arizona this year, and by saying that I probably killed off their 3 fans by jinxing their season. Sorry guys. Meanwhile, Carolina has been up and down like Kevin Bacon's career. We'll take Carolina just to see if they are for real.
Pick: Carolina -4.0

Washington
@ Detroit
Don't you feel like Detroit is in for one of those upset-specials? Or are they just shitty this season? I can't tell which one it is. And Washington have played 2 bad games in a row, nearly going into OT against the Browns. Jason Campbell SHOULD shred the defense with the help of Clinton Portis. Should.
Pick: Washington -7.5

Cleveland
@ Jacksonville
So, which one of you guys will step up in this game? Distance yourself from the losers? Jacksonville? My fantasy team is looking for a good game from Maurice Jones-Drew, which means they'll probably throw downfield every single down. And lose.
Pick: Jacksonville -7.0

Cincinnati
@ Houston
The Texans didn't cover against a winless team last week. So they are giving a full point extra this week? That makes sense. Right? (By the way, I really really don't like this game. I have no feeling about it, whatsoever.)
Pick: Cincinnati +9.5

Seattle
@ San Francisco
Pick: San Francisco -4.5

New York
@ Pittsburgh
God I hate New York. But they are getting 3 on the road.
Pick: New York +3.0

Indianapolis
@ Tennessee
Anybody else feel like the Titans are one bad Kerry Collins game away from their first loss? Me too. That being said, 3 or 4 weeks ago I did tell Roggen that I felt he was the QB doing the best job in the league right now. And it's true. He's been consistently average. He hasn't cost his team a game yet. That's good enough for me!
Pick: Tennessee -4.0

Bye: Chicago, Denver, Green Bay, Minnesota (whos idea was it to have 3 of 4 NFC North teams on a bye the same week?)

Last week: 6-6-1

Season: 47-45-3

Ingen kommentarer: