fredag 12. september 2008

Week 2 picks

Well I was out on a dive last night, so the Week 2 picks will be presented in Friday mode. Odds courtesy of expekt.com:

Chicago +3.5
@ Carolina -3.5
Carolina impressed me by beating the Chargers in San Diego last week, but the Kyle Orton Experiment actually worked in Chicago as the bears knocked off Peyton and the Pantsies. I think this line is a bit high as I think this game will be close.
Pick: Carolina

Indianapolis -1.0
@ Minnesota +1.0
Both these teams are coming off loses in Week 1, and this is probably why this line is so low. Had the Colts won against Chicago, the line would be more like +7.0 for the Vikings, who many picked to win the North this year (idiots, the Packers are still the team to beat, and I will be surprised if the Vikes make it past the Wild Card round). Peyton's Posse will take this one on the road and move up to 1-1.
Pick: Indianapolis

Oakland +3.5
@ Kansas City -3.5
Pick: Kansas City

Green Bay -3.0
@ Detroit +3.0
The Lions looked awful against the rebuilding Falcons, while Aaron Rodgers got his W against division rival Minnesota. The line is too low for this game, so this is probably this weeks lock for me.
Pick: Green Bay

Buffalo +5.5
@ Jacksonville -5.5
Intriguing matchup, as everyone (including me) thought the Jags were going to unseat Peyton this year. Now they are both 0-1, and Buffalo, surprisingly, beat the Seattle pretty good in Week 1. If the Bills can come away with a victory on the road against the Jaguars, they will be a serious contender in the AFC, while Jacksonville will be stuck in an 0-2 hole.
Pick: Buffalo

New York -7.5
@ St. Louis +7.5
As I checked my fantasy rosters today, I was happy to see that there are no Rams players on any of my teams.
Pick: New York

New Orleans -1.0
@ Washington +1.0
Pick: New Orleans

Tennessee +1.0
@ Cincinnati -1.0
How can you favor the Bungels after their below-lackluster performance in Week 1? The Titans may have lost VY for a couple weeks, but this will be an easy W for them against Ocho Cinco's crapfest of a football team.
Pick: Tennessee

Atlanta +7.0
@ Tampa Bay -7.0
This line is way too high for me to even consider playing. Michael Turner had a career day against Detroit, but Tampa's defense will not be that easy. Look for Brian Griese to out-gun Matt Ryan in this divisional meeting.
Pick: Atlanta

San Francisco +7.0
@ Seattle -7.0
Boring.
Pick: San Francisco

Miami +6.5
@ Arizona -6.5
I have always liked Arizona, and Miami still has Chad Pennington at the controls. Miami will be able to run the football, but they must sling it to win it.
Pick: Arizona

San Diego -1.5
@ Denver +1.5
When are the Chargers going to get their act together and play up to their potential? Maybe this week against division rival Denver, who ran over Oakland last week. I think this will be a good game, close to the end.
Pick: San Diego

Pittsburgh -6.0
@ Cleveland +6.0
If Cleveland can fix either their offensive or defensive side of the ball this week, then they might be able to beat Pittsburgh. Might be able to.
Pick: Pittsburgh

Philadelphia +7.0
@ Dallas -7.0
Line is of the charts, so I won't touch this one either. Should be a good game though, with a healthy McNabb slingin' it against Tony Romo Simpson. I hope the Eagles win, just because I hate the Cowboys more. But it's going to be close no matter who gets the W.
Pick: Philadelphia

The Baltimore-Houston game has been moved to Monday night, so there were no lines available at expekt.com. I will try to get that line in by tomorrow, but I'm thinking it will be around 3.5 in favor of Baltimore.

Last week: 9-6

Season: 9-6

Ingen kommentarer: